Avatar sequel is coming

January 8th, 2010 by admin Leave a reply »

avatar2009aug0820a-tsr_720p.mov1561

Great news for all Avatar fans, there will be a sequel to Avatar, probably it will even end up  as a trilogy if Cameron gets he’s way.

This should not come as an surprise, Cameron has talked about his plans for sequels earlier, and now when Avatar has become the second most profitable movie of all time there is no question that the studio – Fox – would like to see more Avatar movies made.

Cameron said - “Yes, there’ll be another.” -but that doesn’t necessarily mean that he will direct it. Cameron has only directed two movies in a row for the same franchise once before – Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgement day (Cameron’s Aliens was a sequel, but the first Alien movie was not directed by him, it was directed by Ridley Scott).

Cameron has other projects in the works as well, the question is if he will have the time to direct the Avatar sequels himself!

Don’t know if this is newsworthy, but I just saw a Variety Screening Series showing of Avatar at the Arclight theater in Hollywood tonight, followed with a Q&A with James Cameron and two of his visual effects artists. One of the artists mentioned that they’ll never again do this for the first time, meaning that everything they did in the making of Avatar was just a lot of instinctive grasping in the dark.

Cameron agreed with him. He also told him to expect the studio to want another one, as they’d passed the billion $ mark. A second film will be easier, as the technology now exists, thanks to the movie. The moderator asked if there *would* be an Avatar sequel. To which Cameron answered that the plan had always been to make a trilogy of films. Finally, Cameron actually said it: “Yes, there’ll be another.

Source: AICN

Related posts

22 comments

1. Wendy says:

that’s great!! i’m soo exsited!! i’s not normal! Avatar isn’t out in theaters that long and james cameron is allready talking about sequels!! that’s awesome!! i’m over my head atm!! love it!! love James Cameron!!
    hope he got some time to do it! would be great!

2. admin says:

I’d love to see an Avatar sequel, but I would also love to see something completely new from Cameron. My guess is that he will write the script and leave the directing to someone else and be producer/executive producer himself.

3. James Dalton says:

If this is true, then I cannot wait for this. Avatar is a beautyfest, even though the story line sucks. Pt 2 should be epic.

4. umgr says:

“but the fist Alien movie was “… I found a tiny typo. ;-)

5. Will any one tell me when the DLC is coming out? Or am I asking in the wrong section.

6. Pete says:

A sequel would be nice, the storyline did need some work, but then again after seeing it four times already, I haven’t even come close to getting sick of it! Hopefully Mr. Cameron will pass the baton of directing to someone else. Any ideas who?

7. admin says:

Thanks, the spelling error has been corrected :-)

8. admin says:

Sorry, but I don’t know what you mean by DLC?

9. admin says:

Four times :-) Someone else than Cameron for directing? I have no idea, but I’m sure that Cameron will have a say when and if that decision is taken.

10. Pete says:

Oops! I meant five times! Ooooh, ask me again next weekend… This is the first movie he has directed that I’ve felt compelled to see more than once. I swear it’s almost an obsession. But, yeah I think another director, who? I have no good idea.

11. Sylvia says:

This is the first movie at all I have been compelled to see more than once at that box office. I hope it turns into a trilogy.. and by the way,.how long till Disney comes up with an Avatar ride … who else can simulate it close enough for us to experience Pandora like we were really there.

12. Ngozi says:

best movie in the whole world!!

13. Bob says:

YYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!! THANK GOD HES MAKING ANOTHER AVATAR MOVIE! AND A TRILOGY OMFG!!!!!