Story

avatar2009aug0820a-tsr_720p.mov1676

The story’s protagonist, Jake Sully (Sam Worthington), is a former Marine who was wounded and paralyzed from the waist down in combat on Earth. Jake is selected to participate in the Avatar program, which will enable him to walk. Jake travels to Pandora, a lush jungle-covered extraterrestrial moon filled with incredible life forms, some beautiful, many terrifying. Pandora is also home to the Na’vi, a sentient humanoid race, who are considered primitive, yet are more physically capable than humans. Standing three meters tall (approximately 10 ft), with tails and sparkling blue skin, the Na’vi live in harmony with their unspoiled world. As humans encroach deeper into Pandora’s forests in search of valuable minerals, the Na’vi unleash their formidable warrior abilities to defend their threatened existence.

Jake has unwittingly been recruited to become part of this encroachment. Since humans are unable to breathe the air on Pandora, they have created genetically-bred human-Na’vi hybrids known as Avatars. On Pandora, through his Avatar body, Jake can be whole once again. Sent deep into Pandora’s jungles as a scout for the soldiers that will follow, Jake encounters many of Pandora’s beauties and dangers. There he meets a young Na’vi female, Neytiri, whose beauty is matched only by her ferocity in battle.

Over time, Jake integrates himself into Na’vi’s clan, and begins to fall in love with Neytiri. As a result, Jake finds himself caught between the military-industrial forces of Earth and the Na’vi, forcing him to choose sides in an epic battle that will decide the fate of an entire world.

20 comments

1. aditi says:

waiting to c ………..n exicted………for its an indian name”AVATAR”

2. what is complete meaning of “AVATAR” i think its a indian language word……..

3. admin says:

It’s from hinduism:
    “a deliberate descent from higher spiritual realms to lower realms of existence for special purposes”

4. martijn says:

yesturday i went to the Movie avatar with my girlfriend, and i totally were blasted away by the movie. from the first second to the last it was breath taking, and Highly Spectacular, we both enjoyed the movie at max, the effort truely shows off from 11 years of work into this movie, a beautyfull story line, amazing action,drama,romantic,adventure, i will not spoil anything. but my words and rate for this movie would be, AMAZING, a future of movies, an example of what films can archief, and my rate would be 10+ for the story and action, 10+ for the Amazing elements used, and a big fat 20+ for all of it together! a MUST see!

5. V.Narayanaswamy says:

Camerooon need not have spent Rs.1200 cr to convey this simple story of greedy modern civilisation destroying mother nature.

6. randy says:

Think this story was a lot like Dancing with Wolves Story dont you think?

7. admin says:

Sure it does. Also allot like Pocahontas, http://spaceghetto.org/images/poca2u.jpg ;-)

8. Carolina says:

OMG… i love the movie, every one in this planet have to see it…

9. Shante says:

LMAO!! It really does seem like it’s from pocahontas, if you think about it! I looked at the picture!! lol !! :)

10. Robin says:

Avatar was a wonderfully spectacular film with breathtaking scenery, a beautiful love story, with a great theme. I was reminded of all of the lessons I had learned in history of the struggle of the Native Americans having to fight for their land centuries ago. It is a great time to bring to light how much we should appreciate human nature and the natural resources of our great planet.

11. will says:

i saw many movies inside avatar, i saw:
    -matrix
    -pocahontas
    -dinotopia

i also saw the game halo
    Great movie!!!! I am officially obsessed!

12. Shalom Damnz says:

I went to the movie with a friend of mine. I think personally the movie was great. She had seen the movie once before, but we still had a great time! (at least she said afterwards). Still we had a great time and I enjoyed the movie at max! the movie was really awesome, was action, romantic, and adventure. So if you wonder if you can take your girlfriend with you on a movie like this one, then thats a definitely yes. To be honest its a perfect movie to make out to.
    ( Failure english )

13. candamyr says:

I have seen the movie twice in one week, and I was actually more giddy going the second time. This movie was so amazing, I was blown away by the sheer beauty of it all. Someone told me that Cameron had to CUT it to 2:45 otherwise it would have been over 5 hours long – I would have liked to see THAT version of the movie!! I can’t really understand people dissin’ the story though… no one ever said that the story was a first. But in this case, the plot is secondary. It’s the visuals that are the most important. Sure, it’s a “Space Pocahontas”, but it only goes to show that the story is good, it can be applied anywhere/anytime – and most of us STILL HAVEN’T LEARNED THE ACTUAL LESSON OF THAT STORY. Maybe in this stunning version it’ll be conveyed to the new generations…

14. Meeva says:

OMFG I love this movie!!!! I have seen it 3 times and want to see it again!! On Little Big Planet (PS3) I have made my sack person into one of the Na`vi…I love it.- A must see for anyone who likes colours, plants, sci-fi, action, adventure, romance or movies

15. Nigel says:

The CGIs are second to none and what an awesome imagination the creator has to come up with such beautiful plants and incredible animals – although I did wonder where the water came from to supply the floating mountains’ waterfalls, as there couldn’t be any springs and there didn’t appear to be very much rain lol. I completely loved this modern day cowboy/indian story line. I feel for the Na’vi as much as I do the Red Indians who suffered exactly the same way. I can’t wait for the second part of this trilogy – and hope the Na’vi don’t end up in reservations the way equally spiritual races are treated here on Earth.

16. kaitlyn says:

it was AWSOME I saw it at the movie theater a while ago.after i saw it and i thought of being an avatar because it was so cool ( i wish i was an avatar)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

17. smudge says:

Great movie, reminds me of what is happening in Australia right now – coal mining scale has increased markedly and causing environmental damage on a huge scale as well as cancer blooms in the local population… all for the money…

18. The Forsaken One says:

I feel strangely disconnected ever since I have seen AVATAR. It is the greatest movie ever in the past, present and future. I don’t know why I feel depressed. Is it because humans have destroyed and are still destroying the planet. I don’t know what to do. Help! Please…… please…________

19. jay says:

ok this is a great moo-vy every wun on pandora and earth needs to see it so send it to pandora

20. Kristoffer says:

I so love this movie <3
    I think I have seen the movie, 20 times or something, it is so amazing, filled with love. character from 1-6, I will give this 6.